This gorgeous girl is extremely smart, trainable, and beautifully responsive to humans. She has been assessed by a professional trainer who was impressed both by her learning speed and focused temperament!
- Knows sit and down commands, and will sit patiently for meals and treats.
- Has not done any destructive chewing
- Is sleeping through the night in her crate
- Progressing extremely well on potty training
- Innately plays fetch and loves it
- Is learning new commands via clicker training and has taken very well to that method
- “Great in public” puppy
– her former owner reports she behaved beautifully at outdoor restaurants
She loves all humans - is great with children (not jumpy or nippy) as well as adults, extremely nonreactive and eager to please – you can take treats and food out of her mouth, pick her up, handle her paws, no problem. So why on earth is this dream dog in need of a new home?
Well, turns out she does not enjoy sharing food or toys with other dogs. Although she has not displayed any sort of resource guarding or other issues when it comes to humans, and will greet/play with other dogs wonderfully if there are no food or toys in the vicinity, she would do best as an only pet. She was fostered in in two different multi-dog environments and got along with everyone as long as there is nothing to trigger her guarding behavior - so she would love to have some canine friends, but no doggy roommates please. She is already well on her way to being an amazing family companion dog!